Wednesday 19 October 2011

Now stalking Japanese actors...

So... I've got a new hobby, and that hobby is (mildly) stalking good-looking Japanese actors. I say mildly, because I'm not very good at the actual stalking bit, in fact waiting outside a theatre with a bunch of other fangirls for an hour was about my limit last week, but it sure paid off.

I met Shirota Yu, who's a half-Japanese, half-Brazilian actor. << - This is him. Google him and you'll probably see him with a variety of 'interesting' wigs, and if you're lucky, the magazine shoot where he stripped off (back shots only, but boy, do Japanese magazine editors know how to sell their magazines!)

Anyway. He's been in a tonne of J-dramas (Hana Kimi, Samurai High School, Rookies). He's also a singer, and recently I bought his latest single, and last weekend went to see him in a live stage performance of Romeo & Juliet. It was a rock/pop musical with him as Romeo, calling his mates on his smartphone. And kissing Juliet 10 times. And lying ona bed in just his underwear in one scene. Anyway... this play is what brought me to be hovering outside the Umeda theatre, squinting in the darkness at all the actors slowly leaving, thinking no -too short - no.. a girl... no.. not him... is he really gonna come out? Has he already left?

Finally though, he did come out, and was wearing a hoodie pulled up over his often-dyed hair, and a health mask, presumably to ward off any germs and protect him from wild fangirls throwing themselves at his mouth. Drat. Anyway. He was moving fast through the crowd, so I pushed my hand through a gaggle of girls, and he shook it warmly. I blurted out (in English) , 'We love you!' and without missing a beat, he said 'Thank you' (also in English) as his eyes twinkled.

I spent the next two days agonising over those words. I surely should have said something cooler... like, 'We loved your performance'. Or 'You're really hot!' Who the hell is WE anyway? The royal We? I wanted to make myself memorable, that's why I spoke English instead of Japanese, but I sure wish I'd said something a little less lame. *sighs* my only hopes are, having seen him being interviewed, he can be a little dorky himself at times... so I hope overall he was amused by my words and not terrified. If I were an actor I think I'd like people to say things like that. But still, I keep replaying that moment, thinking... WHY THOSE WORDS?

So. The minor stalking continues, as Yu-kun is going to be in a Halloween parade at USJ in Osaka this weekend, and I'm dragging some friends with me just to gawk at him. I'd like the opportunity to shake his hand again, and say, 'What I mean is, I, personally, love to watch your acting and singing and all-round amazingness. Thanks for doing all that. And if you're single, here's my number.'

I'm not sure if his English ability can handle all of that, so perhaps I should practice it in Japanese. More motivation to study... >_<

1 comment:

  1. Shirota is not half-Brazilian, he is half-Spanish.

    ^^

    I love Shirota too!

    ReplyDelete