Thursday 27 August 2009

To your good health

Well, it's finally happening... I'm moving out of my house this weekend.
Photobucket
And I don't know if it's particularly that, or my mind just coming to terms with he whole moving house/job/country/ eeek-ness, but I have not been feeling like myself over the last two weeks. Work sent me home last Friday because I looked awful - and I felt it! I ached all over, and just felt exhausted. So I went straight to bed at 5pm and didn't get up until 8am the next day. Since then I have felt fine and then exhausted in waves - when the wave hits, it's like having an out of body experience - the nearest thing I can compare it to is jetlag. Oh so ironic considering my medical paperwork ('this lady is medically fit and well') has only just reached Japan giving them the green light to sort out my Certificate of Eligibility >.< Anyway. Most people I talk to think it is stress related, and so I'm trying to take it a bit easier, and I hope when things get simpler (like when I have no house to worry about) the waves will start to subside. It may or may not be related, but I've been saying my first round of goodbyes as well recently. The local comic shop owners fed me a cup of tea and a farewell hug tonight; and last weekend I went out with all my doll friends for bento at Mount Fuji in Birmingham. Ah yes,I should explain about the dolls. I collect Asian Ball Jointed Dolls - very expensive, made of resin. I have 6, and I'll be taking some of them to Japan with me so expect to see some pics of them here. As a taster here's Kokoro (which means heart in Japanese) with a teddy that one of doll friends gave her on Saturday. I'm looking forward to meeting some Japanese doll owners as the friends I've made here through meet-ups are a cracking bunch. I'll miss our monthly get-togethers.
Photobucket
And still on the subject of Saturday at Mount Fuji (most yummy Japanese food I've ever eaten in the UK) I had the most delicious cake, called matcha - it was so light and fluffy it kind of boing-ed when you poked it. The cream with it is like a sweet red bean buttercream dusted with green tea powder. I certainly hope to have more of this in Japan - oishii desu ne! (Tasty!) Sweet dreams...
Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. Your Kokoro is so sweet! <3

    I wanna go to doll meets in Japan too, but I didn't notice any in the "meetups" bit of DOA :/

    oooh I wanna try some!!!
    Did u have maccha tea with your maccha cake?
    hmmm, I really need cake now :P

    My mum's making my favourite - carrot cake, for the day before I go <3

    It does sound like stress but you do seem to have a lot going on with sorting out everything for Japan, so it's understandable.

    Feel better soon xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake looks so tasty! I want to try! *bites computer screen*

    I'm taking natticakes to a new place in Hgate called Cupcakes tomorrow! If the cakes are yummy I'll take you there in Oct before you jet off.

    ReplyDelete